The Awards Committee of the CFA Institute Board of Governors, chaired by Aaron Low, CFA, is soliciting recommendations from the membership for award recipients.
To recommend a candidate:
- Complete the awards recommendation form (PDF).
- Submit the form and the candidate’s curriculum vitae (CV) or biography.
There are two ways to send in your nominee’s information. You can click the “submit by email” button to send in your recommendation form and attachments electronically, or you can select the “print form” button and then mail in your recommendation form and attachments to:
CFA Institute Office of the General Counsel
Attn: Corporate Secretary
560 Ray C. Hunt Drive
Charlottesville, VA 22903
Fax: +1 (434) 951-5302
The guiding principles of the awards are as follows:
- To support CFA Institute leadership position in the investment profession and recognize those individuals whose achievement, example, or contributions have helped raise standards of education, integrity, and professional excellence.
- To encourage CFA Institute members and those in the investment profession globally to uphold standards of best practice, excellence, and financial market integrity.
- To promote, in conjunction with other CFA Institute initiatives (e.g. ethics, education, professional standards, and advocacy) a framework for highlighting and rewarding those individuals who demonstrate the highest standards of professionalism and promote financial market integrity.
The aim of the Awards Committee is to focus on the most deserving candidates and not to present every award every year. Accordingly, the Board of Governors has adopted a policy of giving approximately half of the available awards each year. This policy, based upon identification of the most qualified candidates, and presenting awards on a broadly alternating basis, is designed to heighten the importance of each award and enrich the awards experience overall.
Award for Professional Excellence
This award was established to honor a member of the investment profession whose exemplary achievement, excellence of practice, and true leadership have inspired and reflected honor upon our profession to the highest degree
Alfred C. “Pete” Morley Distinguished Service Award
This award was established to honor members who have made an extraordinarily significant contribution to CFA Institute, or its predecessor organizations, through their leadership, exceptional stewardship, and outstanding service.
C. Stewart Sheppard Award
This award was established to honor a CFA charterholder in recognition of their outstanding contributions, through dedicated effort and inspiring leadership, in fostering the education of professional investors through advancement of the Body of Knowledge and development of programs, publications, or other learning tools to encourage continuing education in our profession.
Daniel J. Forrestal III Leadership Award for Professional Ethics and Standards of Investment Practice
This award was established to honor a CFA Institute member who has championed the pursuit of excellence in professional ethics and standards of practice and who has provided outstanding leadership in advocating the integrity and competence of our profession.
Nicholas Molodovsky Award
This award is presented to honor those individuals who have made outstanding contributions in investment research of such significance as to change the direction of the profession and to raise it to higher standards of accomplishment.
Thomas L. Hansberger Leadership in Global Investment Award
This award is presented to honor an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the investment industry through higher education, ethical and regulatory advocacy, or promoting integration and fostering cooperation among investment organizations and capital markets worldwide.
Special Service Award
This award is presented to honor outstanding individuals in recognition of extensive and exceptional services over many years to CFA Institute.