Membership offers you opportunities to engage with the issues affecting the profession, connect with local and global colleagues, and access top-tier educational resources and the latest industry insights throughout your career.
Membership also supports critical advocacy and outreach work all around the world that's inspiring greater investor trust, raising professional standards, and shaping a stronger future for the entire global investment industry.
Explore the benefits of CFA Institute membership
- The membership year runs from 1 July to 30 June.
- CFA Institute annual membership dues are US$275, regardless of when you activate between 1 July 2014 and 30 June 2015.
- CFA Institute annual dues for members on retired status are US$100.
- Society dues vary; contact your local CFA Society for specific rates.
- CFA Institute and society dues are non-refundable and non-transferable.
To activate your pending CFA Institute membership, you will need to file a Member's Agreement, file a Professional Conduct Statement, and pay dues.
Your first dues payment will vary depending on when you first activate:
- If you activate between 1 May 2014 and 31 March 2015, your annual dues are US$275 and are valid through 30 June 2015. You will be billed again in May 2015 for the following year (2015-2016).
- If you activate between 1 April 2015 and 30 April 2015, you will enjoy a complimentary membership through 30 June 2015. You will be billed in May 2015 for the following membership year (2015-2016).
Apply for Retired Status
If you meet the requirements for retired status as outlined on the retirement form, submit this form to us. If you no longer qualify for retired status, request a return to full membership.
Retired membership includes access to all member benefits.
Temporarily Unemployed? Apply for Retired Membership Status
In response to market conditions, we have relaxed the requirements for retired status. Members who want to maintain membership but are not currently employed can apply for a reduced rate (US$100) by applying for retired status on the retirement form. When your employment situation changes, simply return to full membership status.
Has Your Membership Lapsed?
You can reactivate it by:
Please note that reactivating members pay the full amount (prorates do not apply) and payment is applied to the current member year.