To create positive change in the world of finance, we need your help, your passion, and your ideas. Serving as a volunteer is one of the best and most impactful ways to contribute to our combined success. Thousands of CFA Institute members have been doing so since 1947, and we hope you’ll consider applying your particular talents and expertise as a volunteer.
- Provide guidance, insight, and the practitioner’s perspective in the development of policy positions, curriculum, and standards; support professional conduct and educational resources; and oversee the governance of CFA Institute.
- Foster the local and global interaction of leading members of the capital markets with issues and programs of interest to investment professionals, serving the profession, investors, and the public good.
- Test, develop, and review new services, products, and technology — a vital link in maintaining the relevance and value of CFA Institute to its membership.
Benefits for the Member Volunteer
- Network and collaborate with like-minded professionals in support of the investment community.
- Build leadership, communication, and other professional skills.
- Enhance knowledge, professional development, and connections in local markets.
Forms of Member Participation
- Committee appointments
- Short-term, project-based, or ad hoc opportunities
- Paid contributor roles
- Society-based engagement
- Collaboration in professional online communities