The CFA Institute Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS®) are globally accepted standards considered industry best practice for investment performance reporting and presentation. Adopted by hundreds of organizations around the world, the GIPS standards have been implemented by most of the top asset management firms.
By establishing requirements for consistent and transparent reporting, the GIPS standards empower investors to compare the past performance of asset managers. Find out how the GIPS standards can help your institution improve performance reporting, increase transparency, and enhance credibility.
* claiming all or part of their business, according to data from Cerulli Associates
2020 GIPS Standards
2020 GIPS Standards for Asset Owners
Tailored provisions for asset owners
2020 GIPS Standards for Firms
Tailored provisions for all investment firms, including hedge funds, private equity, and other alternative investments
2020 GIPS Standards for Verifiers
Combined requirements specifically for verifiers
GIPS Standards for FMPs to UK Pension Schemes
Fiduciary Management Providers to UK Pension Schemes
Specific requirements only for organizations that meet the definition of a fiduciary management provider in The Investment Consultancy and Fiduciary Management Market Investigation Order 2019 (PDF)
Global Investment Industry Standard
- Industry best practice for institutional asset managers to comply with the GIPS standards
- Establishes a culture of transparency for investment firms and asset owners through voluntary adoption
- Created by industry practitioners in collaboration with local GIPS standards sponsors to ensure continued relevance
- The standards are supported through the Certificate in Investment Performance Measurement (CIPM®) credential offered by CFA Institute
24th Annual GIPS Standards Conference
Join us at the 24th Annual GIPS Standards Conference which offers a unique opportunity to address the key points you need to know to comply with, or continue to comply with, the GIPS standards.