Participation is considered on a case-by-case basis.
The application window is now open. To participate in the program, please request an application by contacting us at CEProgram@cfainstitute.org. Then, complete and submit your application by 29 July 2016.
Only completed applications will be considered. You can expect to receive a response no later than 31 August 2016.
Continuing education is critical to helping our members develop professional expertise, build their businesses, and stay on top of a rapidly changing investment industry.
The Approved-Provider Program is designed to provide our members access to high-quality educational opportunities through partnerships with select educational providers. As a participant in our program, your organization pledges to uphold our rigorous standards and dedication to serving our members.
View current providers in the Approved-Provider Program
Current providers offer both breadth and depth of relevant offerings and have the ability to approve their full suite of educational programs. Participants may advertise three (3) programs per month in the Insights & Learning section of our website, and can use the CFA Institute CE Approved Provider and CE Qualified Activity logos to advertise their programs externally.
Record CE credit for participating members (login required) | Learn how to use the Admin Reporting Tool
Program Requirements and Eligibility
The following providers may be considered for participation:
- Investment firms offering educational programming for their employees, clients, and/or a broader audience of investment professionals
- Degree-granting academic institutions offering executive education programming for investment professionals
- Industry-relevant, membership-based organizations or associations offering educational programming for investment professionals
- Commercial providers of continuing educational programming for investment industry/investment professionals
To be eligible for consideration, providers must:
- Be well-respected and established within the investment industry as a provider of high-quality educational programming intended primarily for investment industry/investment professionals. This may include providers who maintain continuing education accreditation/sponsorship relationships for other relevant financial designations/qualifications. If academic, the provider must be a degree-granting institution holding accreditation from one of the following bodies: AACSB International, EQUIS, or the Association of MBAs. CFA Institute Program Partners are preferred. CFA Institute, at its sole discretion, may consider other institutions on a case-by-case basis, but it is under no obligation to do so.
- Be focused on member education and offer educational programming appropriate for investment professionals who have earned their CFA charter and/or CIPM designation.
- Adhere to CFA Institute guidelines, sign an agreement (renewable on an annual basis) governing licensing and use of specified logo(s), adhere to the advertising guidelines, and provide reporting for purposes of automatic entry of credit earned through member attendance at educational programs.
- Consider providing member discounts; we encourage participating providers to offer discounted rates on educational programming and products to CFA Institute members.
To be considered, providers must offer programs that are:
- Educational, concept-based, and provide professionally relevant, applicable, and sustainable knowledge that is intended to increase the skills and abilities of investment professionals.
- Based on learning objectives and concepts, have a clear purpose, and are based on relevant learning objectives and outcomes that clearly articulate the competencies that can be achieved by participants in the learning process.
- Unbiased, not promoting or marketing a company’s products or services.
- Current and technically accurate.
- Effectively designed and developed by individuals qualified in the subject matter and familiar with instructional design.