Continuing Education (CE) Program
We support our members' commitment to continuing professional development and lifelong learning and offer the voluntary Continuing Education (CE) Program as a framework to identify, track, and report CE credits for qualified learning activities.
Continue Your Professional Development
We recommend that CFA Institute members complete a minimum of 20 hours of CE credit activities, with a minimum of 2 hours in the topics of Standards, Ethics, and Regulations (SER) each calendar year.
To qualify, an activity should be educational in nature and geared towards increasing the knowledge, skills, and abilities of an investment professional and either:
- Relate to one or more learning topics derived from the CFA Institute Global Body of Investment Knowledge (GBIK) (PDF), or
- Contribute substantively to your development as an investment performance professional.
Design a program to meet your specific learning needs by selecting a variety of activities from different providers. Examples include, but are not limited to, the following types of activities:
- Employer-based (i.e., in-house training)
- Educational opportunities sponsored by CFA Institute or its member societies
- Activities offered by unaffiliated organizations/providers in any language/format
See complete program details in the guidebook:
Continuing Education (CE) Program GuidebookView the guidebook (PDF)
Already Earned CE Credits?
You can enter credits either from CFA Institute or activities you participate in from other providers and for other designations.
Be recognized for your continuing professional development. Confirm your completion of the recommended minimum of CE credits each year to receive special recognition.
Not Yet a CFA Institute Member?
Partnerships with CFA Societies
We recognize our CFA Societies as providers of quality programming to members at the local level.